I have been recommending for some time using Google Blogger as a small business web site. For many small businesses this is a no cost, quick solution. It also allows the business to slowly build content and though day to day activity find out what what website is needed long term.
If you get motivated, start posting adding content, learn how to use Google Blogger you may be ready to take the next step, transitioning to WordPress.
WordPress is a the largest self-hosted blogging tool in the world,used on millions of sites and seen by tens of millions of people every day. For my clients WordPress:
- Provides a way to reuse their past effort on Google Blogger by exporting old post to WordPress
- Is similar in ease of use as Google Blogger
- Leverage the development activity of tens of thousand developers
- Is Search Engine Optimized for Search Ranking
- Combines the best of standard websites and blogs